Monday, January 13, 2014

The Departure

It's crazy to think that after three and a half short years of college (years that I thought would end up lasting FOREVER) are coming to a close. Only twelve weeks of student teaching, six weeks in the beautiful country of South Africa and six weeks in Florida, separates me from the real world. I'm so excited to explore new places and meet new faces, but it's sad knowing I have to leave behind everyone I love and everything that's familiar for a little while. There's a quote by Seth Godin that says, "If something scares you, it might be a good thing to try," which I definitely think applies to me this semester. I've always loved the idea of traveling, so I  signed up for the COST study abroad program before I had a chance to think twice and talk myself out of it. Let's be real, signing up to live in a foreign country and a different state where you don't know anyone sounds a little intimidating, at least to me. Yes I've traveled before, but it was only for about a week and I had my best friend and partner in crime by my side, so this is going to be a big step. I can't wait to step out of my comfort zone and see where the wind takes me! Don't get me wrong, I'm beyond excited for my journey, but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't the slightest bit nervous.

1 comment:

  1. Good luck, Melanie! We can't wait to hear about all of your adventures!
    Mrs. Young's class

    ReplyDelete