Thursday, March 20, 2014

I'm Not Ready Yet

March 9th

My last week was definitely my hardest week yet. Even though I knew I had five more days with my kiddos, it was still really hard picturing saying goodbye to those 25 adorable faces I have grown to love. It was especially hard to think about leaving when the kids would tell me things like, “Do you what my favorite thing to draw is Miss Zeleznik? It’s me spending time with you!” If that doesn’t melt your heart then I don’t know what will. My last day of school I found a Summerwood polo in the school vault and wore it at the swim Gala all day. It was nice to hang out at the pool all day instead of in the classroom because I think being in the same routine we did every day would have made it even harder to say goodbye. The point of this Gala is so that the grade 1 and 2 students can get used to how a Gala works for when they participate in the coming years. It’s all for fun, so all the students get to swim at least once (even if it’s just walking from one side of the shallow end to the other) so I was able to cheer on every one of my students.


Since we couldn’t really plan a big trip because my flight was Sunday morning, we found little ways to make my last weekend fun. We always get splashed from the second floor pool in the Radisson Blu, so we decided to sneak up there and hang out at the pool like we were staying there. Little did we know, apparently all the locals go hang out there too for cocktail hour, so we didn’t even need to be sneaky about it.


Saturday we hiked the Pink Lady Slipper, which was pretty local, but still pretty cool. It was such a beautiful climb. On the way back into town we stopped at the cutest little farm stall restaurant for some lunch. It was delicious, but it was also sad thinking it would be my last restaurant like that in the country.


No comments:

Post a Comment